Regional Research & Data
- Current Analysis
To learn more about how to use data, see DataBasics
- Measuring Oil-Price Shocks Using Market-Based Information, Research Department Working Paper 0905
- What Drives Diesel Fuel Prices? Economic Letter, November 2009
- Crude Awakening: Behind the Surge in Oil Prices, Economic Letter, May 2008
- What's Driving Gasoline Prices? Economic Letter, Oct. 2007
- What Drives Natural Gas PricesResearch Dept. Working Paper 0703
- "On the Record: Making Sense of High Energy Prices," Southwest Economy, July/August 2006.
- "Running on Empty? How Economic Freedom Affects Oil Supplies," Economic Letter, April 2006.
- "Noteworthy: Natural Gas: After a Big Price Jump, Falling Back to Reality," Southwest Economy, January/February 2006.
- "Energy Security and Global Climate Change Mitigation," [abstract] Stephen P. A.
Brown and Hillard G. Huntington, Energy Policy, 32(6), 2004.
- "Oil Price Shocks and the U.S. Economy: Where Does the Asymmetry
Originate?" [abstract] Nathan S. Balke, Stephen P. A. Brown and Mine K. Yücel,The
Energy Journal 23(3), Third Quarter 2002.
- "Energy Prices and Aggregate Economic Activity: An Interpretative Survey," [abstract]
Stephen P. A. Brown and Mine K. Yücel, Quarterly Review of Economics and
Finance, 42(2), Second Quarter 2002.
Energy Research with a Focus on Texas
- Texas Wind Energy: Tax Breaks, Transmission Lines Key to Growth, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2009
- Energy: Oil, Gasoline Price Spikes Unlikely in 2009, Southwest Economy, November/December 2008
- New Texas LNG Terminals Put on Hold, Southwest Economy, May/June 2008
- Midland and Odessa: Permian Basin Cities Ride Oil Boom Again, Southwest Economy, March/April 2008
- Energy: Supply Disruptions Lead to Spike in Coal Prices, Southwest Economy, March/April 2008
- Oil Exploration Booms-Is Houston Next? Houston Business, March 2006
- Do Higher Oil Prices Still Benefit Texas? The Face of Texas: Jobs, People, Business, Change, Oct. 2005.
- Unconventional Natural Gas Drives New Mexico Rig Count, Crossroads, 2005, Issue 1.
- Texas Drilling Directed Toward Unconventional Natural Gas, Houston Business, June 2005.
- Concentration of Energy Production and Processing on the Gulf Coast, Houston Business, Dec. 2005.