Dallas Fed Board of Directors
Chancellor, University of Houston System
President, University of Houston
Renu Khator was appointed to the Dallas Fed Board of Directors by the Federal Reserve Board of Governors in January 2011.
Khator holds the dual titles of chancellor of the University of Houston System and president of the University of Houston. The UH System's first woman chancellor and the first Indian immigrant to head a comprehensive research university in the United States, she assumed her post in January 2008.
As chancellor of the UH System, Khator oversees an organization that serves more than 65,000 students, has a budget that exceeds $1.3 billion and has more than a $3 billion economic impact on the greater Houston area each year.
Khator is a member of the Indian Prime Minister's Global Advisory Council and serves on several national and state boards, including the American Council on Education, Greater Houston Partnership, Houston Technology Center, Texas Medical Center CEO Group and the Business Higher Education Forum.
Khator holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Kanpur and a master's degree and PhD in political science from Purdue University. She is a noted scholar in the field of global environmental policy and has published numerous books and articles on the subject.
Boards of Directors
Bylaws and Charters
- Bylaws: Dallas
- Audit Committee Charter
- Budget Planning Committee Charter
- Nominating and Governance Committee Charter
- Standing Committees
Councils—Charters and Rosters
- Business and Community Advisory Council Charter
- Business and Community Advisory Council Roster
- Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council Charter
- Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council Roster
- Corporate Payments Council Charter
- Corporate Payments Council Roster
- Emerging Leaders Council Charter
- Emerging Leaders Council Roster